Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am a Fashion Student!!!


Who ever thought that the little tacky girl waiting to catch the bus would be a step closer to pursuing her dreams? Being a Fashion Marketing student at The Art Institute of Charlotte is something that I never would have thought. Not because I couldn’t go to college, I just didn’t think that I would be attending an art school instead of a university. Fashion has always been apart of my life. From helping my mother sew a wedding dress whenI was little to most beautiful creation and my new found love: SHOES!!!
Why not attend a school that can help me get to where I need to go?
Just like a young fresh high school graduate i thought that school would be a breeze and easy with little problems. Most definitely this place can have its rewards and downfalls. I was in for a rude awakening. This school is a very special place and only for the gifted. If I was not able to learn anything else I learned enough lessons to last me a life time. I have dealt with people from all walks of life, it has been very interesting. I have had teachers that could not keep up with their own brains let alone school work, and couldn't remember anything to save their lives. On the flip side I have had teachers, or shall I say just one, that opened my eyes and made me want to think even more outside the box. Ai is not a place for slackers and procrastinators, that I was. There are times when I can really say that I wanted to say “F this” and leave school. I couldn't. I want to do so much with me, quitting was not an option. The teachers here have experience and background in some of the courses that I am taking. That is one thing I can say I absolutley love about this place. I hate this school, I love this school. The Art Institute, Ms. M, Mr. Watson, Ms. Taylor, Mr. Thomas, Mrs. Brockman, and Mrs. Begum are some of the best teachers, individuals, and adviser's that I have had the pleasure of knowing.

No comments: